I’ve been tagged, thanks to Jox over at The Knitted Blog. (If you haven’t checked out her blog, please do so!)
The rules of the game: list six weird/interesting things about yourself and then tag a further six bloggers (by going to their blogs and telling them to check out your blog post related to this) to keep the momentum going. List your six tagged bloggers at the bottom of your post.
I’m not sure that anyone other than me will find these six things interesting, but here goes.
1. I’m a grammar freak. I proofread billboards, emails (sent and received), magazines and, well, pretty much anything that has words on it. I always proofread and edit each blog post several times before publishing it and then often go back and make minor edits to it after it’s live. Grammatical errors and typos drive me insane.
2. I love to walk. It’s my exercise, my stress-reliever, my mind-clearer and the time when I do my best creative brainstorming and problem-solving. I’d rather walk seven miles than lift weights for five minutes.
3. I met my boyfriend on MySpace.
The reason that’s weird/interesting is because Alex and I lived three miles apart in a tiny community on a tiny island for four years, but we never met. He worked for my father for years, he knew my sister, and I knew his roommate, but we never met. We shopped at the same grocery store, hung out at the same pubs, and had the same group of acquaintances…BUT WE NEVER MET.
We finally met because one random summer day, I did a search on MySpace to see which local folks had pages, and I came across his picture. Something inside of me told me that I had to contact him. So I did. And he emailed me back. And after a few weeks of witty online banter, we decided to meet. We immediately dug each other, and we’ve been together ever since. That was over a year ago. We’ve since moved to Tampa together and created a cozy little life for ourselves here.
4. I love Jeopardy and have a crush on Alex Trebek, with or sans mustache. (I guess I have a thing for Alexes.)
5. I wish I could knit. I keep meaning to learn, but I’m scared I’ll never leave the house if I take on any more crafts.
6. I’ve been a semi-vegetarian since I was 11 years old. That means I don’t eat red meat or pork, but I do eat poultry and seafood. I haven’t intentionally eaten a mammal in 19 years. I don’t remember what it tastes like, and I don’t miss it.
I don’t know too many bloggers who haven’t already recently been tagged, but I want to keep the momentum going. So even though I know it’s sorta cheating, I am going to tag four fellow bloggers. I’m talkin’ to you, Gigi at California Girl at Heart, Jess at Oh My, Linda at Purple Tomatoes and Evie at Breaksville! Have fun!